Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Legal drug addiction...

Here are my thoughts. This is gonna be a quick one.

I've had back problems since the babies were born, as I've written about before. They've had me on Vicodin. While I like the pain relief it provides me, I totally dislike having to call and beg for refills and pills. I think it's ridiculous. So three weeks ago, I decided I wasn't going to get my prescription refilled. I've been managing the pain through massage and stretching and relaxation exercises. Along with milder drugs, of course.

Today, my back was hurting so bad, I went ahead and asked the pharmacist to refill my meds without any expectations. What this usually entails, when I used to want the damned drugs at least, is a bunch of ridiculous steps that take a few days to complete.

So I wasn't expecting any relief today, but I thought, if I can get the pain under control before the pills come in, I just won't take them. If I can't, I'll just take them as I need them. I even asked for a smaller refill from an old prescription instead of the giant dosage my doc was giving me at the end.

Much to my surprise, I got a text from the pharmacy (Walgreen's does this, so handy when you have kids) saying my prescription was ready. I thought there was no way it could be right.

So I went over there. I had to pee really bad, so I didn't check the bag. Once I got home and got done peeing, I checked to see if they gave me the right thing. The idiots gave me double the prescription I was supposed to get! This is a powerful narcotic. Not only that, but they gave me a refill!

The question is, even though I'm not an addict, how damned easy would it be to become one if I wasn't even TRYING to get the pills very hard and I end up getting double. Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts