Friday, February 3, 2012

Potty training twins is like herding cats.

This is the one time in my life where I actually feel sorry for Octomom. Yeah, you heard me. I feel sorry for her.

Hey, did you know that's what that thing down there was for?


Harry has been doing a grand job. Early on, he showed signs of wanting to sit on the potty and do what Mommy does. So we started with him and tried to start with Hank, as well.

The first time I put Hank on the pot, he screamed bloody murder. He has continued to do it 75 percent of the time I have put him on the potty since the first time. Harry, on the other hand, is coming to us and saying, "Peepee, Mommy!" and we go, and he pees. Easy. He even pooped in the potty once. We've come a long way.

Hank likes to sit on the potty with his clothes on. After Harry goes, he gets treats. I can't give Hank treats because that would devalue the treats for Hank when he's ready to begin potty training. However, every single time I give Harry treats, Hank throws a HUGE tantrum because he doesn't get any too. It makes me feel horrible. I hate it.

If I DO get both of them on the potty at the same time, they both get up and run around naked in the house peeing on things. I'm cleaning up pee forever. It's impossible to catch both of them when they're naked and running in opposite directions. It's like chasing greased pigs.

Any of you other twin mommies out there have any handy tricks for any of this kind of stuff? Ideas? Solutions? I'm so lost at this point. I'm frustrated about Hank not wanting to use the potty, and I'm frustrated about the treat issue. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts