Wednesday, September 28, 2011

From twins to quadruplets. In one day!

It feels like this morning I woke up and my babies doubled themselves. Like tribbles.

Seriously, though, I decided to help out my good friend Steph when she ended up without child care for the day. Her regular day care provider was out at a doctor's appointment, and one of the things I looked forward to with this whole stay-at-home mom gig was the ability to help out my friends in just such a situation.

So when she put a call out on Facebook last night for someone who could watch the kids today, I checked my calendar and then texted her and told her I'd take the kids.

It's been an adventure, and I've loved every second of the half of the day that's already gone by. So far, we've read books, played with cars, sang songs, played on the back porch and taught Emmy how to say everyone's name. Now we're winding down a little bit before lunch. I'm enjoying the heck out of this, and I really wish I had the chance to have one more kid - preferably a little girl. Emmy is potty training and she even went potty for me!

The four kids outside on the porch during play time this morning. From L-R: Harry, Hank, Emmy and Brecker.


It's been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts