Friday, September 23, 2011

This woman should be stoned to death.

I'm sure by now many of you have heard the story of Lindsey Lowe. She gave birth to full-term twins in her parents' bathroom, both of them being born into the toilet. After the first one was born, she left it in the toilet and covered its mouth and nose with her hand until it stopped breathing.

"Lowe stated that the baby was crying and Lowe did not want her parents to hear and find out about the child," police wrote in the affidavit. "Lowe stated that she put her hand over the child's mouth and she stated that she kept it there until the child was dead, which was a couple of minutes." Lowe said she never checked the sex of the child.

A few minutes later, she gave birth to the second twin and repeated the process.

I am a mother of twins, and I am just shocked, saddened and angry. I'm angry at this woman - not a teenager as one would expect, but an adult woman of 25 years old - for doing such a deplorable thing. Twins are such a blessing. I have lived the time since I first found out I was having twins, nine weeks into my pregnancy, praying that nothing will happen to even ONE of my children, and she intentionally kills both?

Lowe is from the Nashville suburb of Hendersonville and police from that area arrested her after her parents discovered her babies' bodies in the laundry basket she placed them in. She said she thinks she became pregnant in January and never visited a doctor for prenatal care.

This woman works at a pediatric dentist's office. She should love children. I can't imagine why a woman would do such a thing. Why a human being would do such a thing. If my twins were awake, I would hug them really tightly right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts